Robust Cloud Hosting with Admin Access
It’s a fact that cloud hosting helps businesses manage software platforms, providing enhanced data security. Is it also true that cloud technology empowers users with remote access to valuable data while keeping it secure anywhere?
ERP software vendor, Epicor®, has announced that their customers will not be granted admin access to its hosted private cloud. In this case, Epicor® customers are disabled and left to choose a new cloud host that will provide the as-needed assistance and support they require.
As modern technology continues to evolve, one thing is certain: cloud-based ERP software is here to stay. Without a vendor-hosted cloud, businesses turn to affordable cloud hosting integration.
Why Choose Cloud-Based Hosting
When it comes to cost, traditional or legacy ERP software often requires expensive server infrastructure that leave businesses to depend on high-end security measures. That adds up.
Cloud-hosted ERP implements these expensive security measures, allowing your IT team to focus on more important responsibilities while providing the same end-goals as traditional ERP software without separate invoices.
There are many advantages to hosting your Epicor® ERP in the cloud. Just a few include:
- Quicker implementation: You can implement a cloud-based ERP system much faster than an on-premises.
- Always accessible: There is no longer a dependency on the office to access your ERP system; instead, you and your employees can access the system from any location (office, home, shop floor, etc.).
- Top-notch security: Cloud-based ERP systems are equipped with data encryption and back-ups to safeguard your company’s information. Because everything is stored in one, secure place, you will no longer be required to maintain any documents or spreadsheets in your local database. Cloud-based systems are also equipped with a firewall that protects data that enters or leaves your system.
Why Choose Microsoft Azure
Not all cloud providers are created equal. For example, manufacturers and distributors relying on ERP solutions to improve operations cannot settle for cloud platforms with limited scalability. This is simply not conducive to an ever-changing enterprise.
Microsoft Azure is a robust solution that is equipped to operate at peak performance with high-end security functions. It provides users with the benefits of Software as a Service (SaaS) without restriction–you don’t have to upgrade on your provider’s schedule. Just a few of Azure’s other benefits include:
- 24/7 support
- Built-in geo-redundant disaster recovery
- Adherence to compliance standards (i.e. GDPR, HIPAA, etc.)
- Minimal downtime
- On-demand infrastructure
- Hassle-free implementations without expensive hardware and servers
- Clear, transparent pricing
Microsoft Azure and the Datix Difference
These are just a few of the many advantages of using Microsoft Azure for your hosting needs. Azure is an industry leader in forward thinking, reliable cloud hosting.
Microsoft Azure hosting software is the solution we recommend here at Datix. By integrating your Epicor® ERP with Microsoft Azure, you will have unlimited scalability through an affordable platform that allows your software and your business to thrive.
Plus, you have full admin capabilities if you host your Epicor® ERP through Azure–a luxury that was not afforded through Epicor® cloud hosting even while it was available.
Datix is the trusted enterprise software consultant for thousands of manufacturers and distributors, and we have the expertise to meet your ERP needs. We will work with you to implement, manage, and improve your cloud ERP. Our consultants are dedicated to knowing your business and optimizing your software investments from start to finish.
For more information, contact Datix today!