Latest Announcements from Epicor
Each spring, thousands of Epicor users and partners gather for Epicor Insights, a conference where customers can attend training sessions and keynotes to learn how to make the most of their ERP software. It’s also an opportunity for customers to find out what’s next for Epicor. At Epicor Insights 2019, the vendor announced exciting updates for its manufacturing and distribution solutions. Below, we go through some of the biggest developments coming soon from Epicor.
Epicor Virtual Agent
There’s no question that artificial intelligence (AI) is playing a bigger role in manufacturing and distribution operations. By 2020, Gartner predicts that 80 percent of emerging technologies will rely on AI. It also expects that over 50 percent of all people working in Industry 4.0 enterprises will utilize virtual assistants by 2022. Epicor wants to make sure its customers are capitalizing on advanced technology to stay ahead of the competition. That’s why the vendor is releasing its AI-based Epicor Virtual Agent (EVA), developed using Microsoft Azure.
Users can access their on-screen virtual assistant via text or voice to gain insights faster than ever. Finding information and detecting issues is as easy as talking to a colleague. EVA helps users quickly execute a variety of tasks. For example, EVA can alert manufacturers of a problem in a production machine right on their mobile devices and let them schedule preventative maintenance in just a few clicks. EVA’s natural language processing (NLP) technology also allows distributors to access product data and create quotes from their phones while meeting with customers.
The Epicor Virtual Agent will make your ERP solution more intuitive to drive greater efficiency and decision making. The tool will be available in the upcoming releases of Epicor ERP and Prophet 21.
New Version of Epicor ERP 10
EVA isn’t the only new feature coming out in the next release of Epicor ERP. Epicor ERP 10.2.400 includes innovative functionality designed to maximize the value of enterprise data and boost business efficiency. This is part of Epicor’s vision for building a connected enterprise of the future. The latest ERP solution has the capability to bring people, technology, machines and factories together to optimize productivity.
Some of the cutting-edge features available in the new release include:
- Epicor IoT: Leveraging the Microsoft Azure IoT Hub, Epicor will collect real-time production data from IoT sensors and display them on user-friendly interfaces, giving manufacturers unprecedented visibility.
- User Interface (UI) Improvements: Epicor is utilizing its Kinetic Design System to modernize its screens and applications. It will also add new tools, such as a job scheduling board and a mobile time and expense application.
- Automated Order Entry: Using Epicor DocStar, the ERP solution will automatically fill common fields in forms, improving accuracy and accelerating order fulfillment.
- Supplier Portal: Available in the Epicor Commerce Connect (ECC) eCommerce solution, this portal will allow manufacturers to enter purchase transactions, process RFQs and manage supplier relationships from one place.
By empowering customers to form a more connected enterprise, the latest version of Epicor ERP fuels business growth. Epicor ERP 10.2.400 is expected to be generally available on May 16.
Prophet 21 Update
With the latest release of Prophet 21, Epicor positions distributors to transform their business. The new version of Prophet 21 is optimized for deployment in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Distributors can fully leverage the advantages of cloud computing to accelerate time to value, support mobile devices and achieve business growth.
In addition to the Epicor Virtual Agent, the upcoming release of Prophet 21 will include these dynamic capabilities:
- Epicor Rentals Management (ERM): The solution is fully integrated with the ERP system to make it easier for distributors to capitalize on new revenue opportunities by providing rentals to customers.
- Epicor Mobile Proof of Delivery: With this solution, users can efficiently track deliveries and pick-ups from their mobile devices.
- TrackAbout: Welding and industrial gas distributors can use this tool to manage and track portable returnable assets, like cylinders and containers. TrackAbout eliminates manual processes to fuel greater precision and productivity.
Prophet 21’s updates enable distributors to become more customer-centric and responsive. The latest version of Prophet 21 is expected to be released on May 24.
Enhancing the value of your software investment requires capitalizing on the newest features and learning better usage strategies. Epicor Insights serves as a valuable educational opportunity for customers interested in making the most of their ERP. The upcoming releases of Epicor ERP and Prophet 21 show Epicor’s dedication to leveraging cutting-edge technology to give customers a competitive advantage.
As an Epicor Gold Partner, Datix has been providing leading ERP services and solutions for over 20 years. Our certified consultants can simplify the upgrade process to help you move to the latest versions of Epicor without hassle. With expertise in multiple manufacturing and distribution industries, we can also model business processes and align your ERP to your unique needs. We know what it takes to transform your business with software.
Optimize your enterprise performance with the power of ERP software. Contact Datix today to learn more!