Crucial Benefits of Epicor Social Enterprise
The purpose of ERP software is to bring together your organizational processes and provide a single source of truth for your company data. Thus, it seems like second nature that ERP should also become a uniting force for your business—and that is totally possible when you take advantage of an ERP social collaboration tool like Epicor Social Enterprise. It can be easy to ignore emails, or to have important messages get lost during a busy week. Most of the time, employees will work back through their inbox and catch everything. However, when those missed emails are pertinent to an important client, or a production issue on a certain line, the gaps can manifest into much larger company issues—and lost customers.
A tool like Epicor Social Enterprise (ESE) provides just the kind of ERP collaboration platform that businesses can leverage for quicker communication and thus more efficient processes. Using already commonly known social concepts like hashtags, sharing, mentions, and instant notifications, the ERP social collaboration tool can provide simple and already understandable ways for employees to interact with the software and each other. Here are just some of the ways ERP social collaboration can help your organization.
- Users can track a business object throughout its production life cycle, notifying a production manager if perhaps a change needs to be made for a certain customer, or tagging an order that needs to be expedited. If there are multiple front and back office employees involved on an order, the social tool will allow them to communicate quickly and efficiently—without bugging other users not involved in that specific process.
- Workflows or transactions that are alike can be tagged together, and production managers responsible for an order or product can easily access all necessary information and updates pertaining to that tag.
- Any updates or movement in the product lifecycle can then be shared amongst your team members, partners or even to clients awaiting orders. This can be a great way to keep clients informed of the progress of their order or to acknowledge an employee’s unique contributions to a customer’s satisfaction.
- With the help of cloud-based technology, this social interaction and collaboration can happen no matter where your employees are. Users can access the ERP platform on a tablet or their mobile device and share updates on an off-site client meeting. Because the social tools are embedded within the enterprise suite, they won’t have to use multiple apps to perform critical tasks, communicate progress on a workflow or send someone a crucial message.
- Logging all of your production processes will allow your business to implement lean manufacturing principles. You’ll be able to better understand and attack areas of excess waste—especially if you encourage employees to contribute their ideas on possible areas for improvement. It can be hard to notice wasteful processes from a high level. Allowing your employees to communicate their individual perspectives will give your business a ground-up approach to begin paring down waste on your manufacturing process.
By intertwining ERP with social collaboration tools, you can ensure that every employee inside your business comprehends what’s going on and how their individual work is contributing to your business’s end product. This strong collaboration also means that you’ll be better prepared to meet changing customer demands and requirements. Just as ERP is a powerful single source of truth for all of your company data, the software’s social collaboration tools can crowd-source the knowledge of your employees into a powerful pool to solve problems and keep moving your company forward.
Already have an Epicor instance and interested in leveraging the social collaboration tool for greater benefit? Or are you still deciding if ERP software is even right for you at all? Either way, reach out to Datix and let one of our experts elevate your business. We are an Epicor Platinum Partner with over 20 years of experience in the enterprise software industry. Using our expertise, we have helped businesses at every stage of the software process, from ERP selection to implementation and beyond. Contact us to find out how we can guide your ERP project!